Strategic partner of corporates and institutions
In Belgium, banking and related services for corporate and institutional customers are provided by Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) and Corporate & Public Bank, Belgium (CPBB).
Corporate & Institutional Banking
Within BNP Paribas Fortis, Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) offers its clients in Belgium and across the world full access to the BNP Paribas CIB product portfolio.
BNP Paribas Fortis CIB consists of five business lines, plus one coverage unit, CCBE.
- Capital Markets, a Brussels-based platform, focuses on client-driven activities, offering a global product range through access to BNP Paribas platforms. In Fixed Income, Capital Markets serves mainly Belgian clients but also European corporates through the CCBE network.
- Transaction Banking Europe (TBE) offers clients an integrated suite of flow products to manage their treasury in Europe, including cash management (domestic and international payments) and import-export financing (including foreign exchange and deposit management).
- Brussels is also the centre of Specialised Finance activities in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region for the BNP Paribas Group, with the support of five other platforms in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Paris and Milan. Specialised Finance Europe is active in five main areas: Project Finance, Export Finance, Leveraged Finance, Corporate Acquisition Finance and Media &Telecom Finance.
- Corporate Finance is in charge of Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory and Equity Capital Markets, focusing on clients in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Private Equity plays a direct role in supporting the development and growth of companies, and offers solutions for shareholder transition by investing in equity and mezzanine finance instruments in the respective home markets.
- Coverage Corporate Banking Europe (CCBE) is an integrated banking network of more than 30 business centres in 16 European countries. CCBE delivers full CIB banking products and services to servicing large corporates and international clients in Europe (excepting domestic markets: France, Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg).
Corporate & Public Bank, Belgium
Corporate & Public Bank, Belgium (CPBB) provides a comprehensive range of local and international services to Belgian companies, government institutions and local authorities.
With over 660 corporate clients and over 7,000 midcap clients, CPBB is the market leader in these two segments and a strong challenger in public banking, currently with about 650 clients.
The offer range comprises standard products, specialised financial expertise, securities services, insurance products, real estate services, trade finance, cash management, factoring and leasing, plus merges & acquisitions and capital markets activities.
Two central teams comprising 50 corporate banking or public banking experts, and nearly 200 relationship managers in 16 business centres, aided by many skills officers, ensure that BNP Paribas Fortis has its finger on the pulse of the market.
As the financier par excellence of the Belgian economy, CPBB maintains a strategic position and is well-placed to meet the borrowing needs of these clients. In addition to the traditional lending approach, CPBB relationship managers are able to provide alternative financing solutions, from issuing bonds to private placements or debt paper.
Moreover CPBB is able to draw on the strength of BNP Paribas’ international network in 75 countries.